CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Two things I'm thinking about doing...

There are 2 services I am thinking about signing up for online and being my indecisive self am wavering on if I will use them, I'd like to think I will and that they will make my life easier and less stressful. What do you think?

The first is a site called e-Mealz it is a menu/meal planning tool.

This is what your $5 a month subscription gets you: a family-friendly, concise 7-day dinner meal plan for 4 to 6 people, or a 5-day dinner plan for 2 people (with concise and easy to follow recipes and directions) AND a complete, corresponding grocery list - just print and go shopping!

They claim e-Mealz:
...are written and created by REAL moms with REAL families
...are balanced and family friendly
...are as easy as possible, but delicious and kid tested!
...consist of favorite recipes collected from hundreds of moms
...come with an organized, aisle by aisle grocery list
...are for 4 to 6 people
...are based on the current week sales at your grocery
...are priced at approximately $75 per week
...Two person plans average $35 total per week

The cool thing about these menus are that, you can pick what store you shop at and you can choose diet friendly options like point (WW), low-fat, low-carb, etc.

Yeah, I am not bad at menu-planning, when I actually do it. However, my repertoire of menus is getting boring, I am not very balanced, and I have a hard time findings things for all of us (that we all will like), and really have a hard time menu planning for a family when trying to follow Weight Watchers. So I might just try this out.

The other thing I am thinking about is a site called Mint.com an online budgeting tool/site .

This service is actually FREE. It is a free budgeting site. It inputs all your financial info from you banks, credit cards, etc and tells you where you are spending your money, in a VERY visual manner. I am a very visual person,I like graphs and things.

I've heard about this site from a variety of sources, magazines, featured on news programs, etc. The only thing that is holding us back is the security. It claims to be highly secure, that none of your personal info is stored with mint,has all kinds of security measures, and that because it is so secure, and keeps such a tight track of your money that if large amounts of money are being spent they will email you right away. Testimonials claim it is easier than Quicken.

I have been looking for a way to help with our budgeting in a user friendly, visual manner. This may be my answer. The nice thing is that I don't have to keep track of the receipts, don't have to input the data myself, don't have to worry if I put in all the spending, it does it for me.

I also came across another budgeting site today, for those who use cash,
Pear Budget, it has a 30 day free trial and then is $3 a month after.

As I writing this I have come across a site the reviews Pear and Mint as well as a couple others at Being Frugal. However, in doing so I came across someone who posted in the comments that they like ClearCheckBook .

Now you see why I stew over decisions for so long, I just keep getting more options and than I get overwhelmed!

It will probably be a while before I decide on any of these things, so if you have any input or have experience with these sites I would LOVE your input.

No comments: